Saturday, April 16, 2005

Ah, the joy of weekends !

Despite popular belief, I do take time off for weekends – Heroic responsibilities allowing. You may be wondering “What does an X-Man/Avenger/Scientist/Teacher do on weekends, other than hopping off to the Shi’ar Galaxy, curing the Legacy Virus or putting down a Genoshan uprising?”.

Well, as you’re already aware, I’ve recently begun this on-line account of my activities, and I enjoy writing in it thoroughly. I’m also keeping up with a number of Heroes and *cough* others *cough* via their own journals – you’ll note that I’ve added
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Aquaman to the list of “Links” in the sidebar of this page. Welcome, Sea King, to the ranks of Heroes with Journals !

I also enjoy relaxing by the pool. We have a wonderful full sized Olympic pool here at the Institute, and have had a number of well-known guests over the years.

Another pastime I enjoy is getting together with fellow members of the X-Men, Fantastic Four, Avengers and assorted others for a regular game of Poker. I’ve long suspected that Doctor Strange uses the “Eye Of Agamotto” to spy on other player’s cards, and that Scarlet Witch’s “Lucky Streaks” run just a little too long…

Well, there is a fascinating documentary about to start on the Science Channel regarding Cellular Mitosis, so I must bid you all adieu,

Yours sincerely,
Dr. Henry P. McCoy

4 Comments:

Blogger Jason aka Dark Magician 25 said...

I knew that the marvel heros threw down in some poker. I have to ask though what is the avengers game of choice. Texas hold em, Five card stud, 7 card stud??? Though im sure your wrong about Dr Strange. If he cheated wouldnt he throw off the cosmic balance or something between good and evil??.

1:10 AM  
Blogger Adam said...

Weekends are great for relaxing...

6:39 PM  
Blogger Noran said...

Cellular mitosis is such into genetics stuff to the likes of you. Have you tried Eureka alert. Much more your level Sir. I was wondering, while the Hulk changes personalities, that you remain your brillant calm, cultured self? Is there anything you can do to help him? You have read his blog-is is so bittersweet at times. No, I am a civilian, yet serve humanity fighting the go fight against disease, death, and pain in a local ER, as RN.

7:39 PM  
Blogger Beast said...

Dark Magician :
Usually, we play Texas Hold 'Em, but a number of variants of the game have been played over the years. Captain America is a fan of 5-Card stud, while Wolverine plays a mean game of Hi-Lo.

Adam:
Aren't they? I wish mine had been quieter.

Noran:
While I'm familiar with Genetic Sciences at all levels, some times I appreciate getting back to the basics.
Indeed, Dr. Banner's case is a tragic one, which I'm most familiar with. Dr. Banner has undergone many and varied versions of his affliction, and many men of science, muself included, have tried to asist, to no avail. We've by no means given up hope. Perhaps one day Dr. Banner will be freed from his unique syndrome.

1:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home