Wednesday, April 13, 2005

On Marvel Comics, and liberties taken ...

I'd like to take this opportunity to correct some erroneous details which have come to light in the tales published by Marvel Comics.

Early on in my career as a costumed Hero, I (and many others on this line) made arrangements with Stan Lee and Jack Kirby of Marvel Comics. They would publish stories in Comic Books, chronicling our exploits, and we would, in return, receive a modest ongoing stipend.

Much time has past since those innocent days, and the books published by Marvel seem, these days, to be more for entertainment value than posterity. Writers have taken it upon themselves to take liberties with both character and story, and more than once Marvel have presented their readers with entirely fictitious tales.

Marvel's newer writers credit me with a greater degree of Strength and Agility than I, in truth, possess, but I am bewildered as to why they have chosen to portray me as having undergone further mutation into some sort of giant Cat-Beast.

To all of my "fans", rest assured that I remain the Blue-Furred, Bouncing Beast you all know and love.

On a lighter note, has anybody noticed the influx of high quality Science Fiction on television at the moment? Between Stargate: SG1, Battlestar Galactica and the new series of Dr. Who, my evenings are positively consumed by television !

Yours sincerely,
Dr. Henry P. McCoy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home